Click here to see the program statistics in Jewell County.
Jewell County has been established as a part of the Rural Opportunity Zone (ROZ) Program along with 73 other counties in the state of Kansas. These counties have been authorized to offer Kansas income tax waivers for up to five years or student loan repayments up to $15,000 over a five year period.
To be eligible for Kansas income tax waivers, individuals must have:
- established residency in a ROZ county on or after July 1, 2011
- lived outside Kansas for five or more years immediately prior to establishing residency in a ROZ county
- earned less than $10,000 in Kansas Source Income in each of the five years immediately prior to establishing residency in a ROZ county
To be eligible for student loan repayments, individuals must:
- establish residency in a ROZ county after July 1, 2011 and on or after the date on which the county opts-in to the student loan program
- hold an associate’s, bachelor’s or post-graduate degree
- have an outstanding student loan balance
For more information on the Rural Opportunity Zone Program, please contact the JCCD office at (785) 378-7036 or at jccda (at) nckcn.com.